Abortion after 24 weeks

22nd Jan 2018

Is there anything that can be done to help me? I am 26 weeks pregnant and only just found out. I am not a maternal person and never have been. I’ve been passed from pillar to post between doctors, hospitals and clinics. My doctor agreed my life was in danger as I was threatening suicide and miscarrying, I was referred to mental health who assessed me and agreed I was unstable but said it’s my GP who needs to help me. My GP is in a rut as nobody will help him help me and as in scotland it’s illegal over 24 weeks no hospital is interested. In England it is possible after 24 weeks of continuing with this is a threat to my life and I can’t express enough how much it is! a midwife in England advised the courts would need involved and I’m running out of time what are my options? Can a lawyer or solicitor help me! I’m stuck and nobody is interested which is only adding to my mental state.

CATEGORY: Criminal


1 answer
  • Kent Criminal Law


    You don't seem to have had any responses to your question. You have placed the question under the category 'Criminal' and this was probably a mistake. Your question isn't one concerned with criminal law. The issue is one that comes under the general heading of 'health and social care' law. I have had a quick Google for you and the London firm 'Hempsons' seem to undertake this type of work. I do not know this firm nor can I recommend them but it would seem that this is work they would probably undertake. 020 7839 0278

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Kent Criminal Law

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Criminal solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Criminal law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • Estate Legal Solutions

    Estate Legal Solutions

    0800 433 27 28

    3 Answers

  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    0161 427 0084

    3 Answers

  • David Benson Solicitors

    David Benson Solicitors


    1 Answer