Do I need to use a solicitor to update land register after my father's death?

20th Sep 2019

My parents had made a trust and held the property as Tennants in common, my brother and I are equal beneficiaries. What do we need to do, is this a change in the register? Is it a simple form to send in or more complex requiring a conveyancer? I couldn't find reference for updating the info with Tennants in common on the land registry website.

CATEGORY: Conveyancing & Property


1 answer
  • Curzon Green Solicitors

    Good morning. You will need a solicitor to deal with this. Please call us on 01494 451 355 and ask for a member of the property team if you would like further information on arranging this. Thank you, Curzon Green Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Curzon Green Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Conveyancing & Property solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Conveyancing & Property law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • Hambleton Willwriting Ltd

    Hambleton Willwriting Ltd


    2 Answers