Terms and Conditions of Use
This website is owned and operated by Grange Online Media Limited. We are registered in England & Wales under number 07182385. Our registered office and trading address are at 42 Skeffington Close, Geddington, Northants NN14 1BA. Our VAT number is 985 1979 53.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They cancel and replace any previous versions. By registering on or using this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. They apply to our Service (as defined below).
1. “Advertisement” means promotion of any kind on our website including law firm profiles. “Content” refers to all information of whatever kind (including reviews) published or sent by Users on or in connection with our Service. “Service” means both our website and our related software and services. “User” means a person who uses our Service.
Changes to the terms and conditions
1. We may change these terms and conditions by posting the revised version on our website for a reasonable period before they become effective. Please check our website from time to time. You will be bound by the revised agreement if you continue to use our Service following the effective date shown.
Use of our Service
1. We grant Users a limited personal right to use our Service subject to these terms and conditions.
2. You agree that you will not publish or send any Content which is abusive, sexually explicit, obscene or pornographic, false or misleading, involves hate speech, xenobhobia or similar, is defamatory or is otherwise inappropriate.
3. We reserve the right (but do not undertake) to reject, suspend, alter, remove or delete Content or to disclose to the relevant authorities any Content if it breaches our terms and conditions or it is necessary to protect us or others or where we have reasonable grounds for believing that a criminal act has been committed) or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority, without notice. If so, you must not attempt to re-publish or re-send the relevant Content.
4. We do not accept legal responsibility for the accuracy of, or otherwise in relation to, any Advertisement or in connection with any consequent communications or transactions with advertisers or with use by advertisers of the information comprised within any Advertisement or related enquiry as these are all matters outside our control. If you intend to act on any Advertisement, you must make appropriate enquiries before proceeding including as to the suitability of the advertiser. You rely on Advertisements at your own risk.
Advertising Service for Solicitors
1. Localsolicitors.com offers an optional Premium Profile for solicitors. By selecting a Premium Profile you agree to pay Grange Online Media Ltd the subscription or other fees indicated for that service. Payments for subscription services will be charged on the day that your Premium Profile goes live on our website, and will cover the use of that service for the period indicated. You agree that payments will continue to be charged to your credit card on the recurring basis indicated until you cancel your service. The amount of the recurring charge will be the then-current subscription fee applicable to the Premium Profile or service you have selected.
2. You acknowledge that the amount of the recurring charge may increase if the applicable subscription fee increases. Notification in writing (via email) will be provided a mininum of 30 days prior to any increase in this fee. Your Premium Profile must be cancelled prior to your next renewal date in order to avoid billing for the next recurring fee according to your subscription.
3. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, Grange Online Media Ltd reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your Premium Profile. Any such suspension or termination will result in your profile reverting back to our standard solicitor profile.
Functioning of our Service
1. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. We will use reasonable endeavours to rectify faults if they occur.
2. We are entitled to suspend the Service for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason.
Third party websites
1. We may link to third party websites which may be of interest to you. We do not recommend or endorse those sites or the products or services which they offer nor are we legally responsible for them as they are outside our reasonable control. You use such third party sites at your own risk.
Intellectual property rights
1. All trade marks, logos, graphics, images, photographs, animation, videos, text and software used on the Service are our intellectual property or that of our partners or Users. For the purposes of your personal use only, you may view such content on your screen and print a single copy. You may not otherwise retrieve, display, modify, copy, print, sell, download, hire or reverse engineer (unless permitted by applicable law) or use such content without our specific prior written consent.
2. If you publish any Content on our Service, you grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to copy, alter, adapt or display such Content on our Service and on other similar websites operated by us.
Restrictions of our liability
1. Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited.
2. You must give us a reasonable opportunity to remedy any matter for which we are potentially liable before you incur any costs remedying the matter yourself.
3. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
3.1.there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
3.2.such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach;
3.3.such loss or damage is caused by you, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
3.4.such loss or damage relates to a business.
4. You will liable for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer arising from your breach of this agreement or misuse of our Service (subject of course to our obligation to mitigate any losses).
“Act of God”
1. Neither you nor we are liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation (excluding payment) under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond your or our reasonable control.
1. We may transfer all or part of our rights or duties under this agreement provided we take reasonable steps to ensure that your rights under this agreement are not prejudiced. As this agreement is personal to you, you may not transfer any of your rights or duties under it without our prior written consent.
1. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom.
1. We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have supplied to us (unless otherwise stated in this agreement). Headings used in this agreement are for information and not binding. Any failure by either party to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this agreement does not mean this is a “waiver” (ie that it can’t be enforced later). If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which as far as possible achieves the same thing and the rest of the agreement shall continue to apply. A person who is not a party to this agreement shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement except insofar as expressly stated otherwise.
1. If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown on our website or write to our address shown at the start of these terms and conditions.