My ex keeps blocking me and we have a 6 month old daughter

6th Nov 2018

I am terrified she won't let me see her, I need to start legal proceedings to see her. What should I do?



2 answers
  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    I agree with the advice by OTS.  Given that the mother will not communicate with you, correspondence from a solicitor may prompt her to take some advice herself and hopefully come to a sensible agreement.  You can self-refer to a local family mediator if you wish to do so, if your ex partner engages with the process they can help you try to agree a way forward.  This process has to be attempted before an application to court is made in most circumstances.  If neither of these avenues resolve matters, you can then make an application to Court for a Child Arrangements Order where the Court will decide the appropriate arrangements for your daughter.

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Did you find this answer helpful?
  • OTS Solicitors

    I would suggest that you first see if you can reach an amicable agreement. This can be formalised with the assistance of a Solicitor into a formal agreement that is signed by both parties setting out agreement on the contact you have with your daughter. If the mother of your child is not willing to do this then you will need to attempt alternative dispute resolution in most cases before you can issue legal proceedings.

    Mediation as required by the Family Courts in the majority of instances before they will agree to issue family proceedings. If you would like further information and detailed advice on your legal matter please do not hesitate to contact OTS Solicitors.

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    OTS Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Family solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Family law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • Curzon Green Solicitors

    Curzon Green Solicitors

    01494 451355

    4 Answers

  • QualitySolicitors Chapman & Chubb

    QualitySolicitors Chapman & Chubb

    01773 540480

    2 Answers

  • Stephen Oldham Solicitors

    Stephen Oldham Solicitors


    1 Answer

  • Curwens LLP

    Curwens LLP

    0208 363 4444

    1 Answer

  • Ellis Hass Limited

    Ellis Hass Limited

    0121 746 3002

    1 Answer