My ex smashed my windows admitted it in interview, but now in court he says not guilty. What will happen?

4th Apr 2018

He smashed my windows because he thought I was in here with amother man. Lots of text prove this. I believe he is saying he thought I'd taken an overdose. The police told me he admitted it they also got his blood from the scene but in court he pled not guilty. What will happen?

CATEGORY: Criminal


1 answer
  • Vhs Fletchers

    If he has admitted damaging your windows in interview without lawful excuse then having pleaded not guilty the case will be adjourned to trial and it shouldn't take long for a court to convict him.  You may have to come to court to give evidence about the damage and what you saw, although a decision will be made whether your evidence is contentious or not.  The text messages will be evidence to show motive.

    If he has put forward a lawful excuse in interview ie. because he thought you were suffering an overdose then the prosecution will have slightly more to do - your evidence and the text messages will try to prove unlawful motive, and then the Magistrates' will decide whether or not the case is proved.

    Hope this helps a little.

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Vhs Fletchers

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions

  • ABH conviction, release on tag, social services

    My partner recently got found guilty for ABH on his family member, however she admitted it wasn’t true and was exaggerated but he still was found guilty and given 26 months.  I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant to him and I also have a 4 year old to a previous partner. My quiestion is regarding Social Services. He was bailed to my address...

    CATEGORY: Criminal 1 answer
  • I am trying to establish how long I need to see the national probation services.

    In April 2017 I was given a 12 month sentence, suspended for two years. I was initially told by the NPS offender manager assigned to me that I would need to see the NPS for 12 months. The last time I had a meeting with the NPS offender manager was in July 2017. However, I have now received a letter setting up a new meeting with the NPS on September...

    CATEGORY: Criminal 1 answer


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Criminal solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Criminal law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • All time
  • Kent Criminal Law

    Kent Criminal Law

    01843 799121

    28 Answers

  • Integrum Law

    Integrum Law

    0151 649 1626

    27 Answers

  • OTS Solicitors

    OTS Solicitors

    0203 959 9123

    27 Answers

  • Ellis Hass Limited

    Ellis Hass Limited

    0121 746 3002

    14 Answers

  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    13 Answers