Our neighbour has attached her rainwater guttering to our drain down pipes without our permission and knowledge

27th Jun 2018

Our neighbour has attached her rainwater guttering to our drain down pipes without our permission and knowledge. We were only made aware of this by a chartered surveyor who said this was a Trespass. As we are trying to sell the house we removed the pipes and returned these to her by placing them in her garden. Unfortunately the situation with this neighbour means we cannot communicate with her as she is so abusive and aggresive and has been harrassing us for over 18 months. She has now contacted the police and we are being asked to attend an interview under caution for criminal damage. Surely it is criminal damage to make alterations to our property without our permission and we have a right to return our property to the original state? Any advice please.

CATEGORY: Criminal


1 answer
  • Thomas Simpson Solicitors Ltd

    As you are being interviewed under caution you will be able to obtain free representation (not means tested) from a local solicitor.  You should contact a local firm who holds a legal aid contract and they will be able to assist you.  You should not be interviewed by the police without being represented (whatever the police may say!)

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Thomas Simpson Solicitors Ltd

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Criminal solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Criminal law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • OTS Solicitors

    OTS Solicitors

    0203 959 9123

    6 Answers

  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    0161 427 0084

    2 Answers

  • Nelson Myatt Solicitors LLP

    Nelson Myatt Solicitors LLP

    01492 588200

    2 Answers

  • Vectis Law Limited

    Vectis Law Limited

    01983 897050

    2 Answers

  • QualitySolicitors Chapman & Chubb

    QualitySolicitors Chapman & Chubb

    01773 540480

    1 Answer