My Daughter in law has Refusal of Entry Clearence

3rd Jan 2018

My son is working in Australia and is married to an Indonesian girl ,they have a 6 month baby who has a British passport. They want to come and visit for 6 months and will stay with us. My son will work at his old firm while he's here. I would like some advice on getting her a 6 month family visitors visa and the best way to go about it, as each time they apply it cost them $1,000 and it's all done online.

CATEGORY: Immigration


2 answers
  • OTS Solicitors

    Thank you for your enquiry.


    I am sorry to hear your bad experience applying for visitor visa for your daughter in law.

    We are happy to assist in relation to your daughter in law's immigration matter.

    We are happy to discuss the matter with you and explain what needs to be done.

    Could you please ring us on 0207 936 9960 where a solicitor from our team would be happy to assist.

    We look forward to hearing from you.


    Did you find this answer helpful?

    OTS Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?
  • Waterstone Chambers LLP


    I just received an email from Local Solicitors bout your recent inquiry in relation to your Immigration matter and I'd love to discuss it further with you.

    Current immigration rules insisted strict criterion in relation to visiting visas and any deficiency in requirements unfortunately gets punished with refusal. 
    I am  a Solicitor and Senior Partner at Waterstone Solicitors. We are regulated by the Law Society of England and Wales. 
    You can reach me anytime you like on 07817 035 999 or at
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Best regards,

    Shah Ali
    Waterstone Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Waterstone Chambers LLP

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions

  • Do we print the usually SET(M) form and complete it by hand or complete the form online?

    My husband has booked and paid for a premium visa appointment for his ILR application. We were recently told the application process has now changed and applications can now be done online. But we are unsure whether this applied to premium applications. Do we print the usually SET(M) form and complete it by hand or complete the form online?

    CATEGORY: Immigration 1 answer
  • Difference between PR and ILR

    Good morning, I have a Permanent Residence document and I'm uncertain as to whether I need to apply for settled status.  The Home Office appears to make a distinction between ILR and PR as follows: You will not need to apply if you have indefinite leave to remain in the UK; but further says: It’ll be free to apply if you have a valid permanent...

    CATEGORY: Immigration 2 answers


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Immigration solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Immigration law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • OTS Solicitors

    OTS Solicitors

    0203 959 9123

    2 Answers

  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    0161 427 0084

    2 Answers

  • Kent Criminal Law

    Kent Criminal Law

    01843 799121

    1 Answer