My daughter in law is about to submit an application for FLR (FP) having had 30 months already under 'exceptional basis'.

4th Jul 2017

I have just realised by completing the new forms that I have seriously jepordised this as I claimed public funds for her (carers allowance) thinking this was viewed as paid work. I am completely traumatised as I have only just fully understood my error. I don't know what to say or do now to salvage the situation, or if it is salvagable?

CATEGORY: Immigration


1 answer
  • Tann Law Solicitors


    What does the grant letter say? Does she have British husband/children or with indefinite leave to remain?

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Tann Law Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Immigration solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Immigration law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    Bridge Law Solicitors Limited

    0161 427 0084

    2 Answers

  • OTS Solicitors

    OTS Solicitors

    0203 959 9123

    2 Answers

  • Nelson Myatt Solicitors LLP

    Nelson Myatt Solicitors LLP

    01492 588200

    1 Answer