My husband has a EU settlement states, and I am from Hong Kong, how can I join him in the UK with intention to stay?

15th Aug 2019

My fiance is French, and I am from Hong Kong. We meet in the UK in 2017, but my visa finished so I went back to HK this June. Now, we are getting married on 19th August 2019 in Hong Kong. My husband lives and works in London, and he is in the process of applying EU settlement states, once it successes, what is the best way to join him there with consideration of time and successful rate? A family permit or spouse visa? I interned to stay with him in the UK in long term. 

If eventually he gets a pre-settlement states, what should I do?

CATEGORY: Immigration


1 answer
  • .

    Good morning,

    Congratulations to you and your fiancé for your nearing wedding. 

    In relation to your immigration application to enter the United Kingdom to join your husband after your marriage, an application could be made on the basis that your husband is a French National exercising his rights in the United Kingdom. It is possible to make this application prior to your husband making his settled / pre-settled application. 

    We offer specialist advice in this area of law, therefore if you would like any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on 07927 199072 or alternatively on

    Did you find this answer helpful?


    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Immigration solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Immigration law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • All time
  • OTS Solicitors

    OTS Solicitors


    37 Answers

  • Kent Criminal Law

    Kent Criminal Law

    01843 799121

    29 Answers

  • Integrum Law

    Integrum Law

    0151 649 1626

    27 Answers

  • Ellis Hass Limited

    Ellis Hass Limited

    0121 746 3002

    22 Answers

  • Curzon Green Solicitors

    Curzon Green Solicitors

    01494 451355

    20 Answers