I live in Scotland. My ex-husband remarried and lived in England but has now died. How can I find out if he left a will?

5th Jul 2019

CATEGORY: Wills, Probate & Trusts


1 answer
  • Hattons Solicitors

    There is no central registry of wills.  You could make enquires directly with other family members, or even contact local solicitors to see if a will exists.  if you are unsure whether a will exists, you also have the option to enter a caveat with the probate registry to stop any probate applications. The caveat lasts for 6 months.      

    Did you find this answer helpful?

    Hattons Solicitors

    Did you find this answer helpful?

Can you help with this question? Provide an answer and receive contribution points to help promote your firm.

CANCEL Please ensure your response adheres to our community guidelines before posting.

You might be interested in these questions


Posting a question is completely free and we have qualified solicitors ready to help you. To get started simply click the link below.

Find a solicitor

Find a solicitor

Use our find a solicitor service to find and compare the best Wills, Probate & Trusts solicitors from around the UK. Narrow your search down to a particular town or county to find local solicitors that practice Wills, Probate & Trusts law.

View Solicitors
The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

The ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor

Hiring a solicitor for any legal issue can feel quite daunting. It is important that you make a good decision, but you may not know what to look for and how to chose a solicitor that is right for you. To help make the process easier, we have created the ultimate guide to hiring a solicitor. We have highlighted some of the key considerations you should take into account, as well as some handy tips to help make finding and choosing a solicitor both stress and hassle free.

Read More
  • This month
  • All time
  • New South Law Limited

    New South Law Limited

    01903 931 043

    1 Answer